Trying out different switches, replacing old ones, and matching several types of mechanical keyboard switches used to be difficult and required adequate technical skills in order to be done. The GMMK is the world’s first mechanical keyboard featuring hot-swappable switches for Cherry, Gateron, and Kailh branded switches.
Ever wonder what Gateron Blue’s felt like? Or what is the craze behind the Cherry MX clears? Want to use Gateron Reds for your WASD, but Gateron Blacks for all your other keys? With the GMMK, you no longer have to purchase an entire new keyboard, or disassemble and solder your switches – you can simply pop out the switch just like a keycap, and mix/match to test out and use any combination of switches you desire.
Armed with a glorious sandblasted aluminum face plate, full NRKO, LED back lighting (several modes), modular switches, double shot injection keycaps, and minimalistic design - The GMMK is revolutionizing the mechanical keyboard market, giving users full control without needing the technical experience required by the gurus.
This will be the last keyboard you will ever buy.
- Full modular, mechanical keys - Hot-swappable switches. Easily remove and install any MX-based switch without any soldering. Personalize to what works for you, and use any combinations of switches!
- LED Backlighting - Red LED lights with 7 pre-installed effects, and 1 slot for user-defined effect. Variable animation speeds and brightness settings.
- Easy Access Hot-Keys - Directly access shortcuts to productivity, internet, and multimedia functions
- Sandblasted Aluminum Faceplate - Professional-grade aluminum delivers a premium look and feel
- Raised Keys, Minimalist design - No visible branding on keyboard to make your battlestation look clean as possible. Raised key design allows you to easily clean your keyboard.
- Model: GMMK-BRN
- Mechanical Switch (pre-installed): Gateron Brown
- 104 Key Standard QWERTY layout (ANSI)
- N-Key Rollover: Full NKRO via USB, or 6KRO
- Polling Rate: 1000 Hz
- Backlight: Red LED
- Cord Length: 6 ft. Braided
- ABS Doubleshot Injection Keycaps with Standard Keycap Layout
- Hotkeys: My Computer, Web Browser, Calculator, Media Player, Previous Track, Next Track, Play/Pause, Stop, Mute, Volume Decrease, Volume Increase
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 440 x 129 x 35.9 mm | 17.3 x 5.1 x 1.4 inches
- Weight: 2.1lbs (940g)
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 or Mac OS or Linux (Hotkey funtions only work on Windows)
Included in Box:
- GMMK-BRN keyboard
- Manual / Quick Start Guide
- Keycap Puller Tool
- Switch Puller Tool
- Default 'ESC' keycap
- Glorious PC Gaming Race sticker
1 year limited Manufacturer Warranty
The GMMK is designed to work the following switch brands: Cherry, Gateron, Kailh. We currently sell Gateron GMMK-compatible switches on our website.
Although other brands of switches besides Cherry/Gateron/Kailh will fit, they may be loose or have a tighter fit than normal.
There are several types of Cherry/Gateron/Kailh switches available. These are the specific requirements for the type of switches that are compatible
- Cherry / Gateron / Kailh Branded (3 pin)
- Plate Mounted - PCB mounted switches have extra legs on them that can be cut off to make them plate mounted. There are some DIY guides out there on how to do this.
- SMD LED Compatible Switches - This is optional if you want to have the backlight function as a non LED switch would block the light. Cherry/Kalih do not make SMD-LED switches, but back LED ones which would also work. For the best LED performance, a SMD-LED such as the ones made by Gateron are recommended.
Other types of confirmed working switches:
- Zealios (plate mounted, or legs cut off on PCB mounted version)
Switch Swapping Tutorial:
Where can I buy compatible switches?
Does the GMMK come with any pre-installed switches?
- Yes, the standard keyboard comes with pre-installed Gateron Brown switchse, and is ready to use out of the box. The extra switch boxes are optional if you want to use a different switch type. We do not sell a model without any switches.
Can I use any combination of switches?
Can I swap switches while keyboard is powered on?
- Yes, and is recommended so you can insure switch was properly inserted.
Can LED's be disabled?
How hard is it to replace/swap out switches?
- Takes about a few seconds to replace each switch. As easy as plugging in a USB!
Is there a standard bottom row? Can replace the keycaps with other brand ones?
- Yes standard bottom row, and standard layout. Any MX style keycap with standard layout will work fine.
Can I use a non-LED switch with this keyboard?
I don’t like the Red escape / ASCEND key with the keyboard, do you have a normal ESC key?
- Yes, the original ESC key is included inside box
Is the USB cable detachable?
Is the backlight RGB?
- No, just red. More LED options possibly in future.
Is there a TKL version of this keyboard?
- It is currently being developed, it will be sometime in 2017.
My Windows Key on my keyboard LED is turned off? Is it broken?
- No it is not broken, the Window key can be enabled and disabled so you don't accidently hit the Windows key when gaming (minimizing your game).
- Press FN+Windows Key to toggle the light for it on / off.
- We have changed this feature to have Windows Light always enabled via firmware update here.
How do I set/modify the LED lights that turn on the keyboard?
- Press Scroll Lock till you get to the WASD/Arrow Keys lit up.
- Press FN + DELETE, and the windows key should start blinking.
- At this time you can go ahead and press which keys you want to light up and deselect the keys you dont want to light up.
- Press FN + DELETE to save.
Am I beautiful?