There are times when you just want to take a break from all the shooting, sniping, raiding, jumping and platforming. You want something relaxing for a change. A video game that will make you invest hours and hours in it without all the competitiveness. And that's exactly what My Time At Portia is all about.
After spending a good amount of time in early access, the game was "officially" released on January 15. Not that it wasn't worth your time and money before that. But now, it's even more clear that My Time At Portia is one of the finest recent open world crafting games to be released on PC. With Action RPG elements included. You know, so you can still get your daily dose of killing monsters, looting dungeons and stuff. And yes, before you know it, you will realize you've spent more hours than you could've possibly imagined.
Why you should play it
- Early access done right, developers who listened to their community and polished the game.
- The love child of Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley.
- Incredible, charming and mysterious world waiting for you to explore
- Sandbox. Crafting. Farming. Action RPG. All in one.
- Art direction that will force a smile onto your face.
- Insane amount of content and things to do for the price of $30.
What might put you off
- Don't like sandbox games? Take caution when giving MTaP a try.
- Slight quality of life improvements still required.