It's been around for 2 months, but it took them a while to add a sandbox mode. Now that it's here, this game is finally a modern-day Theme Hospital. If you remember this classic, you definitely know what to expect from Two Point Hospital: building a (dys)functional hospital where only the strangest of patients visit.
Forget about "real-world" diseases. Two Point Hospital is all about curing broken faces, 8-bit personas, Freudian lips, inflated egos and other similarly funny diseases. The only problem being, as funny as they sound, you need to cure patients before it's too late. Yes, death is a thing in Two Point Hospital. It's still funny, though. And that's one of the main strengths of the game... even when it shows its repetitive side.
Why you should play it
- Good spiritual successor to Theme Hospital.
- Easy to learn the basics of running a successful hospital.
- Clever humor.
- Cool items and extras that can be purchased with in-game currency.
- Sandbox mode means you can finally manage your own hospital for as long as you want.
What might put you off
- You've seen pretty much everything the game has to offer after only a few hours.
- Some weird bugs that kinda affect the gameplay (for now, the game is being actively patched).
Plays similarly to
Since we already mentioned it, we might as well recommend Project Hospital, too. If Two Point Hospital seems too repetitive for your taste, or you just want a more serious hospital management game, it might just be the best simulation on the Steam marketplace for you. Ultimately, though, both titles are doing a great job at being fun. And that's the single most important thing in a game, isn't it?