We already compared our Glorious GMMK to Razer's flagship mechanical keyboard - the BlackWidow Chroma® (V2). You can read more about it here. As for now, it's time for the Glorious GMMK vs CORSAIR K95 RGB PLATINUM Comparison test.
This article does NOT talk about the overall benefits of using a mechanical keyboard. On the contrary, it assumes you already know the basics and pros of using mechanical keyboards. For more information on why mechanical keyboards are all the hype nowadays, click here.
NOTE: We are not affiliated with Corsair in any way.
Glorious GMMK VS. Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Comparison Tables
|Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard (GMMK)||Gaming mechanical keyboard||Full, TKL coming soon||Sandblasted aluminum faceplate||US Layout||Available on website|
|Corsair K95 RGB Platinum®||Gaming mechanical keyboard||Full||Aircraft-grade anodized
brushed aluminum frame
|US Layout||Available on website|
Mechanical switches and keycaps
- About to order a Glorious GMMK? Then, you'll notice that we let you choose from 6 *different mechanical switches:
|Name||Gateron Green||Gateron Red
||Gateron Blue||Gateron Brown||Gateron Black|
*You can experiment with other mechanical switch brands with the Glorious GMMK. For more information on mechanical switches and their importance, click here.
Regarding the keycaps, we use ABS doubleshot plastic ones for maximum contrast lettering and zero legend wear.
- Ordering a Corsair K95 RGB Platinum®? Then, you can choose between the following mechanical switches:
|Name||Cherry MX RGB Brown||Cherry MX RGB Speed|
As for the keycaps, they are made from ABS plastic.
- When purchasing our Glorious GMMK keyboard, the starting price for the customized (full & TKL) version is $59.99 (barebones). Depending on whether you choose mechanical switches and keycaps, the price can go up to $114.97.
- Getting the Corsair K95 RGB Platinum® will cost you $199.99. When ordering, you're required to choose Cherry MX switches, plus a wrist rest is included.
Some brand-specific features
- Glorious GMMK
- First mechanical keyboard taking modularity to the next level. Featuring hot-swappable switches for Cherry, Gateron, and Kailh branded switches.
- Lets you easily remove and install any MX-based switch without soldering. Simply pop out the switch just like a keycap, and mix/match to test out to your heart's content.
- Standard bottom row for maximum compatibility, i.e. same size for all keycaps at the bottom.
- Minimalist design, very easy to clean.
- RGB LED lights with 18 pre-installed effects and 1 slot for user-defined effect (variable animation speeds and brightness settings).
- Corsair K95 RGB Platinum®
- Comes bundled with a good wrist rest (check out our Glorious wrist rests here).
- 6 macro keys aligned in a single column.
- 8MB of built-in memory for macro profile storage.
- The Cherry MX mechanical switches are a good pre-built choice.
Our next comparison article is only a few days away...
And in the meantime, you might want to check this cool gmmk keyboard review; It lists most of our keyboard's cool features, just in case the Glorious GMMK vs CORSAIR K95 RGB PLATINUM Comparison test wasn't enough for you.