The pre-orders for our TKL keyboard (estimate release date - October 23) are just around the corner. That's why we realized that now is the right time to put our Glorious GMMK mechanical keyboards to the test. In other words, over the next couple of weeks, we'll be comparing our very own keyboards to some of the most popular flagship keyboards developed by other brands. So, without further ado, let's mark the beginning of the Glorious GMMK vs Razer Blackwidow Chroma Comparison *Test.
*This article does NOT talk about the overall benefits of using a mechanical keyboard. On the contrary, it assumes you already know the basics and pros of using mechanical keyboards. For more information on why mechanical keyboards are all the hype nowadays, click here.
NOTE: We are not affiliated with Razer in any way.
Glorious GMMK vs Razer Blackwidow Chroma Comparison Tables
|Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard (GMMK)||Gaming mechanical keyboard||Full, TKL coming soon||Sandblasted aluminum faceplate||US Layout||Available on website|
|Razer BlackWidow Chroma® (V2)||Gaming mechanical keyboard||Full, TKL, compact||Plastic faceplate||US Layout||Available on website|
Mechanical switches and keycaps
- About to order a Glorious GMMK? Then, you'll notice that we let you choose from 6 *different mechanical switches:
|Name||Gateron Green||Gateron Red
||Gateron Blue||Gateron Brown||Gateron Black|
*You can experiment with other mechanical switch brands with the Glorious GMMK. For more information on mechanical switches and their importance, click here.
Regarding the keycaps, we use ABS doubleshot plastic ones for maximum contrast lettering and zero legend wear.
- Ordering a Razer BlackWidow Chroma® (V2) keyboard? Then, you usually get to choose between 3 mechanical switches:
|Razer Green||Razer Orange||Razer Yellow|
|tactile and clicky||tactile and silent||linear and silent|
As for the keycaps, they are UV coated laser etched ABS ones, a rather standard material.
- When purchasing our Glorious GMMK keyboard, the starting price for the customized version is $59.99 (barebones). Depending on whether you choose mechanical switches and keycaps, the price can go up to $114.97.
- When purchasing the Razer BlackWidow Chroma® (V2) keyboard, depending on the model and size you want, you may expect to spend from ~$130 to ~$170.
Some brand-specific features
- Glorious GMMK
- First mechanical keyboard taking modularity to the next level. Featuring hot-swappable switches for Cherry, Gateron, and Kailh branded switches.
- Lets you easily remove and install any MX-based switch without soldering. Simply pop out the switch just like a keycap, and mix/match to test out to your heart's content.
- Standard bottom row for maximum compatibility, i.e. same size for all keycaps at the bottom.
- Minimalist design, very easy to clean.
- RGB LED lights with 18 pre-installed effects and 1 slot for user-defined effect (variable animation speeds and brightness settings).
- Razer BlackWidow Chroma® (V2)
- Available in several different designs.
- Comes bundled with a wrist rest (check out our Glorious wrist rests here).
- Good balance of speed and responsiveness.
- Improved mechanical switch life span (80 million key strokes).
Stay tuned for the next enthusiast gaming keyboards test
As already stated, we'll be comparing the Glorious GMMK to several other signature mechanical keyboards. The Glorious GMMK vs Razer Blackwidow Chroma Comparison Test was just the beginning, so stay tuned!