This item is currently available for pre-order and expected to ship around 10/23/2017. Due to high demand, we can only offer this product on a first come first serve basis.
Glorious Modular Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Trying out different switches, replacing old ones, and matching several types of mechanical keyboard switches used to be difficult and required extreme technical skill. The Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard (GMMK) is the world’s first mechanical keyboard featuring hot-swappable switches for Cherry, Gateron, and Kailh branded switches.
Ever wonder what Gateron Blues felt like? Or what is the craze behind the Cherry MX clears? Want to use Gateron Reds for your WASD, but Gateron Blacks for all your other keys? With the GMMK, you no longer have to purchase an entire new keyboard, or disassemble and solder your switches – you can simply pop out the switch just like a keycap, and mix/match to test out and use any combination of switches you desire.
Armed with a glorious sandblasted aluminum face plate, 100% anti-ghosting (full NRKO), LED back lighting (several modes), modular switches, double shot injection keycaps, and minimalistic design - The GMMK is revolutionizing the mechanical keyboard market, giving users full control without needing any technical experience.
This is the last keyboard you will ever need to buy.
Easily remove keycaps & switches for your entire keyboard. Use any combo and brand of a compatible MX switch.
We offer 6 different Gateron switches. Each switch has its own unique feel, sound, and experience. Tailor your gaming experience to your needs.
Create and assign macros to any key with our GMMK software.
3-Way Cable Routing for cable management. Keycap puller holder. Rubber feet and pads to prevent your keyboard from sliding.
Soft Nums/Caps/Scroll lock lighting that is easy on the eyes.
High quality gold-plated and non-removable braided USB cable.
Professional-grade aluminum delivers a premium look and feel.
Comes with an alternative ESC key if you prefer an all-black look.
Glorious sticker, keycap puller, switch puller artisan and default ESC keys.
Easy to access multimedia and other functions.
- Full modular, mechanical keys - Hot-swappable switches. Easily remove and install any MX-based switch without any soldering. Personalize to what works for you, and use any combinations of switches!
- LED Backlighting - RGB LED lights with 18 pre-installed effects and 1 slot for user-defined effect. Variable animation speeds and brightness settings.
- Easy Access Hot-Keys - Directly access shortcuts to productivity, internet and multimedia functions
- Sandblasted Aluminum Faceplate - Professional-grade aluminum delivers a premium look and feel
- Raised Keys, Minimalist design - No visible branding on keyboard to make your battlestation look clean as possible. Raised key design allows you to easily clean your keyboard.
- Model: GMMK-BRN
- Prebuilt? Yes.
- Mechanical Switch: Gateron Brown
- Keycaps: Black (ABS Doubleshot)
- Cherry Stabilizers Included
- 104 Key Standard QWERTY layout (ANSI)
- 100% Anti-Ghosting
- N-Key Rollover: Full NKRO via USB, or 6KRO
- Polling Rate: 1000 Hz
- Backlight: 16.8 million colors RGB
- Cord Length: 6 ft. Braided
- Hotkeys: My Computer, Web Browser, Calculator, Media Player, Previous Track, Next Track, Play/Pause, Stop, Mute, Volume Decrease, Volume Increase
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 440 x 129 x 35.9 mm | 17.3 x 5.1 x 1.4 inches
- Weight: 2.1lbs (940g)
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 or Mac OS or Linux (Hotkey+Software functions only work on Windows)
Included in Box:
- GMMK-BRN keyboard
- Manual / Quick Start Guide
- Keycap Puller Tool
- Switch Puller Tool
- Glorious PC Gaming Race sticker
1 year limited Manufacturer Warranty
The GMMK is designed to work the following switch brands: Cherry, Gateron, Kailh. We currently sell Gateron GMMK-compatible switches on our website.
Although other brands of switches besides Cherry/Gateron/Kailh will fit, they may be loose or have a tighter fit than normal.
There are several types of Cherry/Gateron/Kailh switches available. These are the specific requirements for the type of switches that are compatible
- Cherry / Gateron / Kailh Branded (3 pin)
- Plate Mounted - PCB mounted switches have extra legs on them that can be cut off to make them plate mounted. There are some DIY guides out there on how to do this.
- SMD LED Compatible Switches - This is optional if you want to have the backlight function as a non LED switch would block the light. Cherry/Kalih do not make SMD-LED switches, but back LED ones which would also work. For the best LED performance, a SMD-LED such as the ones made by Gateron are recommended.
Other types of confirmed working switches:
- Zealios (plate mounted, or legs cut off on PCB mounted version)
How long does it take to assembly the Barebones version and do I need any tools?
- No extra tools are needed to put together the Barebones version.
- Total assembly takes around 20-45 minutes
What is the difference between the Barebone and the Pre-Built version of keyboard?
- The Prebuilt version comes pre-installed with black keycaps and Gateron Brown switches.
- The Barebones version allows you to select your switch and/or keycaps and requires you to install the switches/keycaps before use.
Where can I buy compatible switches?
Does the GMMK come with any pre-installed switches/keycaps?
- Yes, the pre-built version comes ready with Gateron Browns.
Can I use any combination of switches?
Can I swap switches while the keyboard is powered on?
- Yes, and is recommended so you can test to see if the switch was properly inserted.
Can LED's be disabled?
How hard is it to replace/swap out switches?
- Takes about a few seconds to replace each switch. As easy as plugging in a USB!
Is there a standard bottom row? Can I use other keycap sets?
- Yes standard bottom row, and standard layout. Any MX style keycap with standard layout will work fine.
Can I use a non-LED switch with this keyboard?
Is the USB cable detachable?
- No. This feature is currently exclusive to our Tenkeyless.
Is the backlight RGB?
- Yes. 16.8 million colors. Can be controlled via keyboard or external software.
Am I beautiful?
GMMK - Brown Switch
Many options to configure colours and backlit behaviours via keyboard or software (download from here).
Switches are changeable.
Keys are changeable.
Heavy so keyboard doesn't slide easily on a mat.
No logo stamped on it.
Can set usb report rate to 1000hz.
Mechanical brown switches feel smooth - keys respond easily.
Brown switches feel abit hard to push.
GMMK - Customized
I purchased the customized set with brown switches and the black key caps. I switches and the actual board are amazing. The switches are responsive and the actual board is simple with nice LEDs. The few problems I have are with the software not saving presets and the top function key caps not having the additional information etched on them such as volume and music controls. Overall, I would definitely recommend this board.