Tenkeyless (87 keys) Comes preinstalled with Gateron brown switches & black keycaps. Ready to go - requires no setup.
GLORIOUS MODULAR MECHANICAL GAMING KEYBOARD
Trying out different switches, replacing old ones, and matching several types of mechanical keyboard switches used to be difficult and required advanced technical skill. The Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard (GMMK) is the world’s first mechanical keyboard featuring hot-swappable switches for Cherry, Gateron, and Kailh branded switches.
Ever wonder what Gateron Blues felt like? Or what is the craze behind the Cherry MX clears? Want to use Gateron Reds for your WASD, but Gateron Blacks for all your other keys? With the GMMK, you no longer have to purchase an entire new keyboard, or disassemble and solder your switches – you can simply pop out the switch just like a keycap, and mix/match to test out and use any combination of switches you desire.
Armed with a glorious sandblasted aluminum face plate, 100% anti-ghosting (full NRKO), LED back lighting (several modes), modular switches, double shot injection keycaps, and minimalistic design - The GMMK is revolutionizing the mechanical keyboard market, giving users full control without needing any technical experience.
This is the last keyboard you will ever need to buy.
< 5 seconds to replace a switch
Easily remove keycaps & switches for your entire keyboard. Use any combo and brand of a compatible MX switch.
Choose the switch that you want
We offer 6 different Gateron switches. Each switch has its own unique feel, sound, and experience.
User defined macros
Create and assign macros to any key with our GMMK software.
Removable USB Cable
Angled USB connector and a braided USB cable guarantee simplicity and ease of access.
Discreet LED indicators
Soft Nums/Caps/Scroll lock lighting that is easy on the eyes.
Attention to detail
High quality gold-plated and non-removable braided USB cable.
Sandblasted Aluminum Faceplate
Professional-grade aluminum delivers a premium look and feel.
Artisan ESC Keys
Comes with an alternative ESC key if you prefer an all-black look.
What's in the box?
Glorious sticker, keycap puller, switch puller artisan and default ESC keys.
Easy to access multimedia and other functions.
- Full modular, mechanical keys - Hot-swappable switches. Easily remove and install any MX-based switch without any soldering. Personalize to what works for you, and use any combinations of switches!
- LED Backlighting - RGB LED lights with 18 pre-installed effects and 1 slot for user-defined effect. Variable animation speeds and brightness settings.
- Easy Access Hot-Keys - Directly access shortcuts to productivity, internet and multimedia functions
- Sandblasted Aluminum Faceplate - Professional-grade aluminum delivers a premium look and feel
- Raised Keys, Minimalist design - No visible branding on keyboard to make your battlestation look clean as possible. Raised key design allows you to easily clean your keyboard.
- Model GMMK-TKL
- Prebuilt? Yes
- Interface USB 2.0
- Mechanical Switch: Gateron Brown
- Removable Keycaps: Black
- Removable USB
- Switch puller tool Included
- Keycap puller tool Included
- Key Cap Type Standard 87-key layout
- N-Key Rollover Full NKRO
- Backlight 16.8 million color RGB LED backlight with special effects
- Cord Length 6 ft. Braided
- OS Support Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- Dimensions (L x W x H) 335 x 129 x 35.9 mm (14 x 5.1 x 1.4 inches)
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 or Mac OS or Linux (Hotkey functions only work on Windows)
INCLUDED IN BOX:
- GMMK-TKL keyboard
- Manual / Quick Start Guide
- Keycap Puller Tool
- Switch Puller Tool
- Glorious PC Gaming Race sticker
- Angled Micro USB Connector
- Braided USB Cable
The GMMK is designed to work the following switch brands: Cherry, Gateron, Kailh. We currently sell Gateron and Kailh GMMK-compatible switches on our website.
Although other brands of switches besides Cherry/Gateron/Kailh will fit, they may be loose or have a tighter fit than normal.
There are several types of Cherry/Gateron/Kailh switches available. These are the specific requirements for the type of switches that are compatible
- Cherry / Gateron / Kailh Branded (3 pin)
- Plate Mounted - PCB mounted switches have extra legs on them that can be cut off to make them plate mounted. There are some DIY guides out there on how to do this.
- SMD LED Compatible Switches - This is optional if you want to have the backlight function as a non LED switch would block the light. Cherry/Kalih do not make SMD-LED switches, but back LED ones which would also work. For the best LED performance, a SMD-LED such as the ones made by Gateron are recommended.
OTHER TYPES OF CONFIRMED WORKING SWITCHES:
- Zealios (plate mounted, or legs cut off on PCB mounted version)
What is the difference between the Barebone and the Pre-Built version of keyboard?
- The Prebuilt version comes pre-installed with black keycaps and Gateron Brown switches.
- The Barebones version allows you to select your switch and/or keycaps and requires you to install the switches/keycaps before use.
Where can I buy compatible switches?
Does the GMMK come with any pre-installed switches/keycaps?
- Yes, the pre-built version comes ready with Gateron Browns.
Can I use any combination of switches?
Can I swap switches while the keyboard is powered on?
- Yes, and is recommended so you can test to see if the switch was properly inserted.
Can LED's be disabled?
How hard is it to replace/swap out switches?
- Takes about a few seconds to replace each switch. As easy as plugging in a USB!
Is there a standard bottom row? Can I use other keycap sets?
- Yes standard bottom row, and standard layout. Any MX style keycap with standard layout will work fine.
Can I use a non-LED switch with this keyboard?
Is the USB cable detachable?
- Yes. This feature is currently exclusive to our Tenkeyless.
Is the backlight RGB?
- Yes. 16.8 million colors. Can be controlled via keyboard or external software.
What is the angled micro USB connector for?
- If you frequently plug in your keyboards USB it is suggested to use this to increase the lifespan of the USB port on keyboard
Am I beautiful?
- It's quite likely, yes.
Purchased one GMMK full size and one GMMK TenKeyLess versions of the keyboards and love them both. Used Gateron Blue switches and black keytops. They both work flawlessly. Well, almost... My ONLY complaint is that the GMMK-TKL uses a micro USB connector to the keyboard itself and putting any pressure or movement on the micro USB connector during use disconnects the keyboard from the computer. It does reboot itself and come back to life in 5 or so seconds, but it's VERY annoying when this happens while your typing. Tech support basically blew me off saying that's what the customers wanted. Seriously? I find that a little hard to believe. I would like the option of a permanent cable attachment just like the full size GMMK version. Other than that, it's all that it claims to be!
The Glorious GMMK
The Glorious GMMK
The keyboard is awesome, although it took a long time to arrive because I live in Canada. The customer support was great, and I loved the tracking.
I came across this site through my father, although I have no idea how he got there.
Only complaint s that the board is a bit too low, even with the feet. I'll probably have to craft something for it to stand on at some point.